Privacy & Terms
Last updated on: 10.05.2023
We care about the protection of your privacy and personal data and therefore process your personal data in accordance with the applicable law — Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“Regulation”), as well as other legal enactments regulating privacy and data processing issues.
Chili reserves the right to revise and change this policy at any time, in particular due to changes in the services or applicable laws and regulations, and you shall be responsible for reviewing this policy on a regular basis.
Controller and its contact information
The controller of personal data is SIA “Chili” (reg. No. 40103993933), legal address: Cesu iela 31, bld.-2, Riga, LV-1012 (“we”, “us”).
Personal data categories
- identification data — name, surname;
- contact information — e-mail address;
Purpose of personal data processing
Your data shall be processed for the following purposes:
- Providing customer support;
- Preparation of anonymous statistics on the use of the Chili website;
- Personalisation of marketing content;
Chili Labs follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Security of personal data
When processing personal data, we use advanced technological solutions and cooperate with secure service providers, assessing privacy risks and using the organizational and financial resources available to us. We assume responsibility for the data entrusted to us and do not collect or process data that are not necessary for the provision of our services.
Our employees and business partners use the data only for the purposes stated above.
Personal data will be stored in secure cloud computing and server solutions which provide data processing in the EU and EEA territories. When changing providers of such services, we always guarantee to cooperate only with reliable partners which ensure compliance with the requirements of the Regulation. However, we draw your attention to the fact that no electronic storage method is absolutely secure, reliable and flawless, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal grounds for personal data processing
We process the personal data of Chili website users only on the basis of the following legal grounds for data processing:
- your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- data processing is necessary for entering into an agreement with you or for fulfillment thereof, or for taking measures at your request before entering into an agreement;
- data processing is necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations;
- data processing is necessary for protecting your or others’ vital interests;
- data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for public interests;
- data processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
Personal data retention period
We store personal data as long as:
- the data are necessary for the purpose for which they were collected;
- the data subject and we can implement our legitimate interests in accordance with the procedures specified in the laws and regulations (to submit objections or bring an action in court);
- there is a legal obligation to store personal data;
- the data subject's consent to the relevant processing of personal data is valid, unless there is another legal basis for data processing.
Transfer of data to third parties
To ensure the operation of the Chili website, we use the following third-party services that may process your personal data (“Processors”):
- Purpose: Analytical and Marketing services;
- Is data transferred to third countries? Yes (sufficient level of protection is ensured);
We do not disclose your personal data to other third parties, except:
- in accordance with your explicit and unambiguous consent;
- to the persons provided for in the regulatory enactments in accordance with the procedures and to the extent specified therein;
- in cases specified in the regulatory enactments for the protection of legitimate interests.
Links to other sites
The Chili website may contain links to other websites or apps whose data processing rules regarding users' personal data are not managed by Chili. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to read the confidentiality policy of these websites. We do not control or assume any responsibility for the content and privacy policies of third party websites or services.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Chili Labs does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by the browser while browsing the website. It allows the server to collect information from your browser, so you don't always have to re-enter data when returning to the website or moving from one page to another. For more information on how cookies work refer to the website www.cookiecentral.com.
The Chili website uses essential cookies, session cookies and analytical cookies (first and third party (partner) cookies) to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit. Note that Chili Labs has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Personal data and their transfer
You have the right to request information about your personal data at any time, to check the accuracy of the information stored and/or to change or update this information. You can also request the complete deletion of your personal data if they are not necessary for further processing.
We will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide you with appropriate access to any of your personal data within 30 days of receiving your request.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take appropriate steps to verify your identity before providing information about the personal data you have requested.